Friday, September 4, 2009

38 weeks...

And nothing! I know that technically I have two more weeks to go, but come on.. I'm done. A couple of weeks early isn't asking too much is it? Apparently for the little princess inside me it is. She seems to be quite content in her little home. I went to the doctor today and he told me that I'm not even a one yet. He called it a finger tip dialation and was able to feel the top of her head and that my cervix is soft but other than that.. nothing. The good news is that he thinks there is only a 5% chance that I will need a c section. So that's good I guess. I know that I shouldn't complain because really I have had a very easy pregnancy with no complications. But I'm hot and I'm tired and I just want to see my baby. I want to see her cute little feet and see who's eyes and nose and everything she has. I want to see all of the black hair that we all are assuming she will have. I just want to hold her in my arms and give her kisses. But I guess if I have to wait a little longer that won't be so bad. I know that there are a few things that I will actually miss about being pregnant. I will miss feeling her move inside me. It's really the neatest feeling in the world and you can't explain it you really have to experience it. I will miss how excited I get to have an ultrasound and see what she looks like now. I will miss having her with me always. Right now I never have to leave her.. 24/7 she is my little buddy. I will also miss eating whenever and whatever I want and not having to worry too much about it. So I should just enjoy these next few days or weeks and not complain or get frustrated. She will be here soon enough and then the "fun" will begin.

8 comments:

Adam Jensen said...

Hang in there Donna! she will be here before you know it! I can't wait to see her beautiful little face. and I think you should post a picture in all your pregnant womanly beautiful glory :)
hey some of us don't get to see you in person!!!

Heather and Shaun said...

No picture! :)
I can't wait to see your sweet baby girl!

Natalie said...

I'm glad things went well for you. Don't worry, she will be here soon and then you will have lots of sleepless nights to spend with her. I hope all goes well with the delivery. C-sections aren't that bad and your baby has a perfectly shaped head, so that is a bonus.

Natalie said...

P.S.-don't be a hero, get your epidural ordered as soon as you get there, you don't want to feel that pain for very long.

aristella said...

that made me cry. i can't wait to kiss her too!

Britney and Kevin said...

...........isn't it the longest wait of your life!?! YOu're so cute Donna! I can't wait to see her!

Hev and Danaca said...

you better let me know when this cute little girl comes! it is such a fun and exciting time.

Adam Jensen said...

any news yet???